Thursday, January 26, 2006

Capt Tony was Here!


Yep,
we arrived at captain tony's to find our good buddy Gary Hempsey playing music, (finally, he no showed half the week!)
then we realized, capt tony was in the house, i went up to the stool they had him propped up on and said, 'do you remember me?' and he said, Yeah, you are the girl I wanted to marry! I laughed and whispered to Kelly that he is quite the dirty old man and bear with it, and at that point, as we went to take a photo, he said, well, I cannot type what he said, but needless to say
the man is 89 now, with an oxygen tank and tubes he connects, and disconnects for a photo or a hug, and only shows up on special occasions, and only stays for less than an hour,
it was an honor to be with such a legend,
'we are what legends are made of' came to mind,
I can only hope if I make it to 89,
I am half as surly and happy to be in this world!
Gary says hey to everyone,
he will be at the golden nugget in vegas during shoe show,
any takers?
wind is blowing a gale,
friday will be an off day of pepe's breakfast and maybe lunch
before the butt kicking begins,
btw,
gary played almost exclusively grateful dead for me,
threw in a few dylan and buffet's to round it out,
tried to play my fave, the easiest song in the world,
'you ain't going now where' but the three chords were too
much, and he went no where with it,
he said maybe by next year he can master it

phil, kelly, and dylan are better than great, and say
'HI' to all

I miss my buds though, missy (britt) steph (jason) on this ritual week on crazy abandonment of rational thinking and horrible singing, lots of dancing, and of course, laughter 24/7 that makes you cry!

1 comment:

tom cheffo said...

what does it say on yer belly...i could only imagine....
sounds loke your having fun....say hey to kelly,phil and dyl
tom