Monday, January 23, 2006

island of criminal behavior


well, they call key west the place for criminals and people hiding out, and after not even a few hours here, I could be charged with 3 counts of 'stuff'
my day started at boaters world, picking up supplies to fish tuesday, trying to break a line class record for IGFA, I saw these COOL sandals, flipflops with a toe cover made by Keene, and they were pink and in a size 36 and on sale! So I took them to the counter, with a bunch of other things, needless to say, the checkout girl had trouble ringing stuff up, finally figured it out (new computer system right stef!) and the guy bagging the merch did not bag my cute little tiny shoe box, so I put it under my arm and left.
I realized later in the day that the bill was a little 'light'
yep, susan stole a pair of shoes, GRREATTTT!
As I a feeling like a schmuk, I go back the boat up at the ramp, and also assist some of the guys that were having difficulties, I can back up a big truck and trailer better than most guys,
going forward is another story. Apparently when I took the truck and trailer back to the marina, could not get it in the tiny space perfectly, so to avoid problems, I decided the best thing to do would be a donut and just slide it in next to the fencing.
Didn't realize how big a donut a Ford F350 Dually with a 40 foot trailer would be, and I clipped the fence, and pulled it all down. I quickly looked around, unsure if I had really done it, then looked to ask, no one was around, the few people that were said they saw nothing, so okay, maybe i was not the one that pulled the fence down, maybe it just fell on its own. I went back to the hotel and found remnants of the fence on my bent up wheel wells of my trailer and figured it out.
I had now shoplifted, done damage to private property, and left the scene of an accident, and the thought of Key West jail was very frightening. I went back to the marina, with my head hung low, and told the owner that i knocked down the fence with my trailer, he has known me for ten years and just laughed, and said, its not my fence, no body saw nothing, this is key west, it never happened. Okay great! So we will see, but I start this season with my old nickname I had Finally gotten rid of KRASH KAMINSKY.

had an awesome cuban sandwich at my fave restaurant
'el sibonney' laughed a bunch, i swear a john candy re-incarnate was sitting behind me!

1 comment:

tom cheffo said...

the jails are full of you hit and runners.....only you would return to the scene of the crime..i could have got you the keenes wholessale....but i quess you didn't pay for them so your streak is intact as to never paying retail

be safe....
tom